Croquet tournaments offer the opportunity to play competitively as an individual, whereas in matches you are part of a team representing your club, county or country.
As a club we enter teams into several regional and national Association Croquet, Golf Croquet and Short Croquet competitions against other clubs, mainly knockouts but some local leagues, which are played over the course of a season in home and away venues at dates agreed between the two team captains. Team captains will identify a squad at the start of the season, and invite members of the squad to form a team for each match, depending on availability.
The various team competitions have different criteria for team selection (e.g. based on handicap range). In general you don’t need to announce your availability and willingness to play; so long as your contact details and handicap are correct in the club handbook, the captain will contact you if they’d like you to be in a team.
For 2023 our club team captains are as follows:
- Inter-club Championship: John Davis
- Mary Rose: Alex Mcintyre
- Longman Cup : Mick Owens
- East Midlands Federation 26pt league: Mark Innes
- East Midlands Federation 14pt league: Mark Innes
- Short Croquet: Andrew Beaumont
- Inter-club Championship: Ian Burridge
- Murphy Shield: Andy Dixon
- East Midlands Federation league (2 teams): Andy Dixon and Veronica Savill
- East Midlands Federation Advantage GC League: Cathy Turski
If you are eligible to play at county level for Nottinghamshire, James Death may be in touch. Nottinghamshire has a strong county team.
The Croquet Association Selection Committees will be in touch if your playing records suggests they may want to invite you to play in Internationals.