Members generally enjoy full access to our facilities (subject to lawn availability, and with no additional lawn fees) for the duration of the 6 month playing season (early April to early October), with free coaching at all levels from other members, and a social programme (and where possible some limited croquet playing opportunities) outside the main playing season.
Full, Country, Far Country and Student Members may:
- be added to our email circulation list, and receive regular updates and news,
- receive a Member’s handbook with contact details for other members,
- book games (using our online lawn booking system) at any time subject to lawn availability,
- use the pavilions including toilets, kitchens, catering facilities, refreshments etc,
- use club equipment on site,
- attend scheduled “roll-up” sessions,
- take part in club competitions,
- make themselves available for matches against other clubs,
- enjoy high quality coaching opportunities free of charge at all levels from complete beginner to world class,
- explore specialisms such as becoming a referee or a coach,
- undertake a range of volunteering activities with other members,
- attend social events such as club teas,
- join the bridge group and/or board games group which operate during the winter months
and generally take as full a role as they choose in all aspects of the life of the club.
Non-playing members are able to enjoy the social aspects of the club and pavilion facilities, but not the use of lawns or croquet equipment.
Junior members benefit from a programme of organised group sessions supported and supervised by DBS-certified members. Subject to agreement of parents / guardians about age appropriateness (and also licensing restrictions), they may also participate in various other club activities.
Members will also automatically become “Standard” members of the national body for England and Wales, the Croquet Association (CA), and will therefore receive the bi-monthly Croquet Gazette (in paper form for the first year, and subsequently as an online publication) and the monthly email newsletter, and will be eligible to enter CA tournaments at our own club or other clubs around the country.